Thursday, June 4, 2009

Yet ANOTHER Simple Skirt


Getting tired of these? Not me! :) I thoroughly enjoy making them because they're quick and simple so I can see the finished product fast and enjoy the fruits of my labors. (I'm all about the instant gratification... patience is definitely not one of my stronger virtues.) :) But anyway, this one turned out pretty darn cute. It's a gift for one of my nieces. I made it with the intent of her being able to use it for the 4th of July. Fun, huh? But you should have seen the DRAMA when Dixie found out she didn't get to keep this one. :) Maybe I'll have to make a twin of it for her... or at least something similar. She needs a 4th of July skirt too.


...And I'm just now realizing as I look at these pictures that I forgot to take the pacifier out of her mouth. Oops! :)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I don't want to become a blog stalker so I had better leave a comment! It's me Jennifer (Smith) from back in the day! I found your blog through Angelas and I'm loving all your crafty projects. I LOVE the skirt you made! Did you use a pattern? I've made some like this before but I had to gather each layer and it's not my favorite thing to do! Oh, and I'm dying to make one of those bags! So many projects... I also have a "project" blog http://imsewinheaven.blogspot.com a work in progress. I will be checking in from time to time to see what your working on! (if you don't mind!)

Jenn said...

I went ahead and bought a serger without a clue how to use it! It does come threaded so when that runs out-- i'm in trouble and will probably have to read the manual cover to cover. I bought it at Wal-mart and I use it mostly when I sew clothes. It's nice and I haven't had any problems so far. The skirt I made for myself was SUPER easy. The pattern is Simplicity 7229. I've made three more since the polka dot one! I might need to add you to my links so I don't have to keep going through Angela's! Till next time---Happy sewing!

Erin said...

CUTE!!! So I think you need to teach me how to make one of those...for myself! And for my future daughters. :) So adorable!